Full disclosure, posted this question (essentially verbatim) over on [r/Fire](https://www.reddit.com/r/Fire/). This appears to be within the rules of both communities.
I’m not going to ask about particular passive income techniques, I’m more interested in seeking out my own passive income opportunities. I want to know what steps you take, and what resources do you make use of, to keep up with the latest passive income opportunities and trends? I.e. How are you keeping ahead of the competition and outsourcing opportunities before they become well known?
So, for example:
* Are there any particular networking events that you regularly attend (or would recommend)?
* Any particular networks (Linkedin groups, Reddit channels etc.) you being to (or would recommend)?
* Is there anyone imparticular you follow on Linkedin, Twitter Reddit or youtube (and why)?
* Are their particular youtube channels or podcasts you regularly listen to?
* Any particular mailing lists that belong to?