NFTs are at a crossroad, and the next 6-18 months could decide whether we go down the path of an open or corporate metaverse.
In this video I lay out an argument made by Punk 6529, an influential account from NFT Twitter. The argument goes as follows:
1) Governments/corporations want to maintain and even increase the current state of centralization.
2) Crypto has typically been a home base for decentralization.
3) NFTs are quickly attracting new users and brands, but as crypto gets bigger fewer people care about decentralization.
4) Tech companies are now coming out with alternatives to NFTs and they may take the upper hand.
5) This issue is bigger than you think because the metaverse will be a huge part of society.
Not to be dramatic, but the future is still up in the air and It’s up to us to decide where the space goes from here.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
0:00 start here
1:02 punk 6529
1:59 the world is centralized
3:23 crypto users are changing
4:58 brands see this as a land grab
6:12 uhhhhh is this forreal?
7:43 the metaverse is more important than people think
9:14 what can we actually do?
tags: bored ape yacht club, cryptopunks, moonbirds, azuki, doodles, opensea, metamask, coinbase, metaverse