The most effective way to start building your list quickly and efficiently as possible is through the use of squeeze pages.
There are “right” and there are “wrong” ways to create a squeeze page that is profitable.
Here’s a summary of what you must do every time to guarantee your optin success:
1. Create Urgency/Fear in Your Headline : When writing an effective headline for any squeeze page, it’s imperative that you create urgency and /or fear. Remember, a squeeze page is not meant to make a sale, it’s meant to acquire and email…period!
2. Provide two optin forms on every page. This way you’ll increase your chances significantly if you provide two optin forms on your squeeze page. One form should always go above the fold (left or right) and another at the very bottom of the page as the last element of the page.
3. Use a “graphical” optin box at the top of the page. This has been shown to increase my squeeze page optin rates by as much as 39%. Naturally, your sales copy will most dramatically affect your percentages; however, by simply providing this additional graphical component on your page, you have a much greater chance of increasing your overall optin rate significantly.
4. No External Links : This is where many people fail! Again, this is a squeeze page with one sole purpose…to get the email! Never place external links on your squeeze page. You can sell later. For now, no links! Two options: leave or subscribe.
5. Never ask for more additional information than is absolutely necessary in your optin for. I see it over and over again. Name, address, phone number, best time to call, how you heard about us, marital status, shoe size, etc. Never ask for anything more than name and primary email address. That’s it! That’s all you need. You’ll dramatically reduce your subscriber rates once you start asking for anything more from a customer (and frankly you don’t need anything more).
Building your optin list of targeted subscribers should be your first and foremost task online.