Hello reddit fam,
I am technical recruiter at an agency representing NewsBreak (Particle Media, Inc.), one of the first unicorns of 2021 (valued at over $1B).
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. We’re the nation’s largest intelligent local news platform!
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android. With 12M+ daily active users and 25M+ monthly users (data source: App Annie), we’re also ahead of all major news apps such as The New York Times, CNN News, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, and SmartNews.
NewsBreak is a series-C startup headquartered at **Mountain View, California** with **Seattle, Washington** location as well.
For more information, visit [www.newsbreak.com/about](https://www.newsbreak.com/about)
About the Role
The mission is to help local news survive and renew, local businesses to grow and prosper, and most importantly local people’s life to be informed and improved that together will foster a unique, healthy and connected local community.
NewsBreak is looking for ambitious talents who are committed to innovate in product, technology, or business, with the aim of engaging and empowering local media, local businesses, and local users.
The intelligent local information platform we are striving to build, News Break, serves as a perfect liaison among local users, local media and local businesses.
NewsBreak is looking for a highly skilled programmer who is comfortable with both **front and back end programming**. Full Stack Developers are responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
* Full Stack Engineer will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Develop front end website architecture.
* Design user interactions on web pages.
* Develop back end website applications.
* Create servers and databases for functionality.
* Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
* Ensure responsiveness of applications.
* Work alongside graphic designers for web design features.
* See through a project from conception to finished product.
* Design and develop APIs.
* Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Requirements (bolded are most important)
* Bachelor **Computer Science (or relevant)** **degree** (cannot be certificate) with minimum 3 years industry experience.
* Proficiency with server side **Java** language and **Spring framework**.
* Familiarity with database technology such as **MySQL**, Redis and MongoDB.
* Strong organizational and project management skills, good problem solving skills.
* Attention to detail. Highly self-motivated.
NewsBreak provides **highly competitive** compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and stock options. Benefits include great Medical, Dental, 401k (matching), and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture makes this a perfect environment to make huge impact on our product and grow your skill set.
BASICALLY IF YOU HAVE THE EXPERTISE, NewsBreak will match your skill with a FAT check. I am also managing other positions for NewsBreak so if you send me your resume, I can refer you to similar pay alternative positions. Also having a history with being employed at big company is a big plus too!
Please DM me your resume, phone number, and email. You may also DM me for my Linkedin and/or company email. Do not contact me about unsolicited offers.